Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

So today we did our Black Friday shopping. We were at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Republic at 4:30 a.m. and finally finished up at Michaels around 8:00 a.m. We ended up with some really good deals on DVDs but that was about pretty much it. Seemed like {NO ONE} really had anything super priced except probably Circuit City or Best Buy but there was no way we were going to even attempt that! Jerry ended up getting a little huffy with Wal-Mart because they wouldn't price match like they advertise just for the simple fact that they didn't want to loose $600 on the deal (laptop that Circuit City had for $199). So, that's my next mission - to look up their policy online so that we can find out what all it says. Really I knew they wouldn't do it because it was $600 but the computer matched perfectly. They just kept trying to put it off that it was a gimmick - YEAH RIGHT the freaking price matching is a gimmick {if you ask me}.

Anyways, all in all - I've decided:
  1. If DVDs are pretty much the best deal, then I won't be spending my money on Black Friday (at least at Wal-Mart - I may have to if Michaels or Joann's has a good sale ad though)
  2. Standing in line for over 5 minutes totally & royally SUCKS!
  3. People are crazy - why would anyone sleep outside in 30 degree weather just to get a good deal at Best Buy? NOT ME {for sure}
  4. My planned routine/list is not going to be easy to do next year. Now that Kalli can read she made sure to read all that I had wrote down {and add her comment -- "OH YEAH" next to the Bratz she wanted.}
  5. Boys are never happy with early surprises when those surprises happen to be clothes. I got a good deal on Kalli some jeans so I figured I'd let her have them early to wear now, so I had to give Dylan something early too & that bubble jacket was just not pleasing to him. Kalli on the other hand was thrilled to death for a pair of jeans.
  6. Jerry can be a real bear during BF. Okay so I could've guessed that but at least he did the driving & was really good at holding stuff. :) Actually though - I would NOT attempt BF by myself!
  7. Oh yeah & I've realized no matter what line we get in at Sears, we will almost UNDOUBTLY get some checker that has no clue how to check & therefore we will stand in line for an hour for Christmas tree lights.

Anyways, I'm off to eat me some more pumpkin pie & forget the fun that we've had today.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin